Friday, December 19, 2008

Y.S.I. Tuesday


Three T.G.I. Friday's restaurants on the Peninsula closed their doors as of last Tuesday, according to this story in the San Jose Mercury News. Folks had jobs there on Monday, but Tuesday saw the doors shuttered in San Bruno, San Mateo and Cupertino. No word on whether the waiters would be allowed to keep their mandated pieces of flair. The company clearly own the suspenders, according to lawyers.

Other restaurants in the chain are still open, but if you have coupons, I'd redeem them as soon as possible.

Because it might be T.G.I. Friday's, but in the Bay Area, it's You're Screwed It's Tuesday.

6 comments:

dguzman said...

Ouch.

BTW, didn't you get that memo on the TPI cover sheets? I'll send it to you.

Matty Boy said...

Hey, dg. How's it hangin'? Yeah-h-h-h-h-h-h.

I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday. But remember, Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. That'll be great.

Yeah-h-h-h-h-h.

Padre Mickey said...

The food at those places looks like different kinds of plastic all melted together.
They even have a couple dem here in Panam√°, but I do not frequent estado√ľnidense franchises here or there.

Word verification is squiste, which, in my opinion, describes the TGI Friday's menu.

namastenancy said...

I saw that bit of news - it's not a place I would eat but I felt sorry for the workers. I just finished reading a whole series of posts on the Huffington web site from people who are out of work. DAMN! It's a very cruel world.

Zoey and Me said...

I'm here in Florida and on the drag heading to Cocoa Beach the Friday's parking lot at lunch time is the only one with a few cars parked. Chili's, Ruby Tuesdays, Uno, Outbacks, all seem to be doing very well. Wonder what gives?

Undersquid said...

I've lived in this country for mmmrmmmummble years and I've never been to a T.G.I. Friday's, not once.

I think I went out to a restaurant a couple of years ago, but that might have been a dream.

WV is hypnisto, which we all know means a "short Latino hypnotist".