This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'll try something new.


Bonus points for folks who know who wrote the song with the same title as this post.

So I've been wandering around the internets, and everybody says this Twitter thing is what all the young people are jib-jabbering about. I figured I might give it a chance.

Back when Nolan Bushnell was just as rich and famous as Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, I was what they now call an early adapter. Nowadays, not so much. I mean, I would be an early adapter, but there are so many kids in our neighborhood and they spend so much time on my lawn, I hardly have any time except to write this blog and tell them scamps to shoo, sometimes with rock salt in my thirty ought six.

Let me know what you think of this Twitter thingy, and if anyone knows how I can get other people's tweets to show up on my tweeter feed, I'd be much obliged.

Y'all come back real soon. I'll be fixin' up some lemonade.

3 comments:

Ed said...

I have yet to figure out what this Twitter business is all about. I've heard about it, but between blogs, e-mail, chasing kids off the lawn ;) etc, never seem to have the time look into it. It seems like it would end up being one more thing to gobble up my time, but since I don't even know what it is, I guess I could be missing out on the most awesome thing in the universe, for all I know.

Wishing you a great 2009!

Matty Boy said...

Thanks, Ed. Twitter is the internet meets text messaging, where you can search for a word or phrase. A lot of people think it's a great way to keep track of big breaking stories, like the Gaza battle or the attacks in Mumbai.

The jury is still out for me, but I'll give it a shot for a while.

Undersquid said...

I'm still not a Twitter-ess. I've read a little about its powers, but like Ed, I haven't really paid much attention to it. I'll be watching you give it a shot. :)