Thursday, January 15, 2009

On being the unofficial envoy of My People

The internets is a funny old place. I never really intended for a post way back when to become a regular feature, but as anyone who reads my blog know, very little that is done here is intentional. Things kinda just happen, and I get into a routine (or rut, if you prefer) and suddenly something is a regular or semi-regular feature. Wednesday Math, Random 10 Friday, and about twice a month or so, a post about giant women.


A while back, some PonyPal™ I hadn't met before, and who shall remain anonymous, was reading my snarky comments over on Princess Sparkle Pony, and decided to stop by Lotsa 'Splainin' through the link the Princess graciously provides. This nice person read enough of my posts to find out about My People and Our Agenda, and when she saw this picture at the online gallery of an artist named Ria Hills, she naturally thought of me. Ms. Hills made this mock-up of a proposed painting, which she hasn't completed yet, called "Scopophilia", which was Freud's fancy named for the love of looking, known to most of us as voyeurism. I wrote to Ms. Hills and she graciously allowed me to post the picture, which comes in a larger version you can see if you click on it.

Once again I remind my gentle readers. This is art and not just smut for weirdos! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And also again, thanks to everyone who made this post possible, the Princess, the gentle reader and the artist.

8 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Art, sweet sweet art.

dguzman said...

Totally art. Totally.

Matty Boy said...

Yes! My internets friends concur! This is arty art, not smutty smut! It even takes place in a gallery! No more convincing argument can be made!

Unless every sentence ends in an exclamation point! Then it's more convincing!

namastenancy said...

Art!Saves!Lives! That's not pure smut. It's ART!!!! Actually, it's a very interesting collage and any salacious thoughts are purely in the mind of the beholder.

Zoey and Me said...

Funny, I'm posting art and photos of pretty ladies on the Cat today. This is nice art. So Matty Boy, who are your picks for Super Sunday?

Lisa said...

I studied art history in school. Definitely art. Rowr art, but art nonetheless.

Matty Boy said...

John Ciardi, who used to be a commenter on NPR WAAAY back in the day, said that modern art started when artists decided that there were things the public wanted to see more than beautiful nekkid young people.

Clearly, modern art is dead.

One of the major reason this is not smut is that we can't see her dirty pillows. This is because the guy in the green shirt is in the way.

GUY IN GREEN SHIRT!!!! DOWN IN FRONT!!!

p.s. to Zoe & Me: I'll put up my picks for this week's games no later than Saturday. When the playoffs started, I thought the Ravens were the best team of the bunch, and nothing that has happened since has changed my mind.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I wish I had that giant lady as a girlfriend. But she'd have to bring her own razor and soap- mine are too little.