Monday, February 2, 2009

The Flags of February


Non leap year February has the nice length of exactly four weeks, so for the next four weeks, I'm going to reset the Flags of Many Lands™ counter to zero and check to see how many different exotic locales are represented here at Lotsa 'Splainin' in this shortest month of the year. I'll be checking my stats site for visitors and changing the flag each morning if a new country has been added to the list. I'll also keep track of the states of the union. As of the first day, there were 21 different foriegn countries represented, the most recent new addition being Taiwan, the rarest addition being a visitor from Iraq, both showing up because My People can be found there.


I'll also be keeping track of visitors from the 50 states and Washington, D.C. On day one, visitors from 29 states and D.C., the most recent addition coming from Seward's Folly, the great state of Alaska. Hello, Alaska! If you live anywhere near that volcano, it would be a really good time to make sure you understand the difference between "upwind" and "downwind".

Just sayin'.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Am I your first visitor from Georgia - the state, not the country?

Matty Boy said...

I can't be sure. You were here yesterday, since you put up a comment on yesterday's blog post. Today's Georgian visitor is looged on my stats page as being from Savannah. Is that your part of thye state?