Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Another year rolls around, and I get to wish another happy birthday to my favorite regular reader, my mom Kara Hubbard.

Mom was living close by in Alameda until recently, but now lives up in Santa Rosa, so it's a little harder to arrange a visit. I'll do my best to get up there before month's end.

As a present to her, I'm re-posting some old fambly photos, which according to comments have also been a popular favorite with people whose last name isn't Hubbard. This one is from 1967, a publicity still from when my dad wrote a children's book, if I recall correctly. From front to back and left to right, we have baby Jenny, birthday girl Mom, the gosh darned pater familias, Karlacita!, the back row starts with me, then my older sister Kimberly and my brother Michael.

My mom taught me self-praise is no praise at all, but let me brag a little. We were (are) a good looking fambly.


This is probably because we had a good looking mom and dad. Here are the parental units sharing a quiet moment back in the day.

All my love to my mom on her birthday, and any readers who want to wish her the same in the comments are welcome to do so.

11 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

We all love your mom too. She did after all give us you. Happy birthday Mom o' Matty!

Karlacita! said...

Happy Birthday Mamacita!!

dguzman said...

Happy birdday Matty Mom! And hey, I'll expect you to visit both her and me when I move to Rohnert Park, buddy.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Happy birthday!

CDP said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Hubbard!

Padre Mickey said...

Happy Birfdei to yer mom from da Bank and Bird.

Hey! Da woid verification is blopie! I sweah ta gawd!

namastenancy said...

Happy birthday to a lovely lady. Give her my regards from the city on the bay. Thank you for sharing such happy family photos with us -- what a treat!

Zoey and Me said...

Purrs on your birthday Kara. Bet you love living in Santa Rosa.

Undersquid said...

Happy birthday, Matty Boy's Mom! I hope your day was bright and fun.

Zoey and Me said...

Matty Boy, send this link to your Mom. I put it http://catinbag.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-birthday-kara-hubbard.htmlup on my blog:

copy and paste in browser.

Z&me

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Hubbard! I hope you've enjoyed your day!