Friday, February 27, 2009

Making fun of Michael Steele...


'cos all the cool kids are doing it.

Of course, I don't mean Michael Steele from the Bangles, I mean Michael Steele, the newly appointed head of the Republican National Committee.

Did John McCain appoint a person with ovaries to be his running mate just because Hillary did well in the primaries? Did the Republicans appoint Michael Steele their party leader just because Barack Hussein Obama kicked John McCain's pasty butt all the way from here to Richmond, Virginia?

To be honest, hypothetical question asker, I don't know for sure, but it does feel that way, doesn't it?

While my personal blog idol Princess Sparkle Pony is having a field day making fun of Michael Steele and the goofy things he says, Mr. Steele has a great quote from CPAC, the conservative political convention now taking place in Washington D.C., and I thought I might take a shot at mocking him, with some help from hypothetical question asker.

Here's the quote:

"We know the past, we know we did wrong. My bad. But we go forward in appreciation of the values that brought us to this point."

Three sentences, causing three hypothetical questions.

1. Do the Republicans or the conservatives really know they did wrong?

2. "My bad" is taking personal responsibility for some I did. Don't we really need to hear "my bad" from Bush or Cheney or Rumsfeld or Alberto Gonzalez or Alan Greenspan? After all, Michael Steele didn't start the wars or authorize torture or screw the Justice Department or sit by uselessly allowing the economy to metastasize into the mess we have now, did he?

3. Why would you "appreciate" the values that have made you and your party an irrelevant and shrinking sideshow?

Just askin'.

5 comments:

CDP said...

He ran for Senate here in Maryland, and thank God he lost. "My bad" is perfect; he has a habit of using 8 year old urban slang, and "my bad" keeps him current with 2001.

Matty Boy said...

Slang may have a longer shelf life in Oakland than other places, but I still hear students say "my bad."

Then again, young people still use "Hella" and "Hecka" in Oakland, and most the rest of the country stopped doing that in the 1980s.

Zoey and Me said...

I can't wait to read your comments on the long awaited Rush Limbaugh keynote address to the CPAC. I gave up. It made me puke. I turned it off. So if you hung in there with that ass wipe do tell.

Matty Boy said...

Z&M: Listening to Rush is hard work and no one is willing to pay me for it, so it doesn't happen.

ken said...

To be fair, we did *almost* hear an apology from Greenspan when he was testifying a couple of months ago. He definitely admitted error.