Friday, February 20, 2009

Random 10+1, 2/20


My One And Only Love
Rickie Lee Jones
Baby I Need Your Loving The Four Tops
Snowball In Hell They Might Be Giants
Pearls Sade
Caldonia Louis Jordan
You Keep Me Hanging On Diana Ross & The Supremes
Just A Girl No Doubt
Missionary Man Eurythmics
I Second That Emotion Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
I've Been Loving You Too Long Now (To Stop Now) Otis Redding
Bonus track:
Concierto de Aranjuez - Adagio (Rodrigo) Zoltan Tokos

I found this picture on the internets of white people dancing, having a good time and getting hammered because no matter what race or creed the artists on this list are, this is music designed not to offend hammered white people. My Random DJ put together a "damn, you are old, son!" list. I admit that I do a mental calculation of whose Random 10 list is cooler each Friday, and I don't even have to look. Padre Mickey's has to be cooler, hands down.

We've got eight out of ten on the You Tubes, not bad, and though I don't think any song on this list is obscure, The You Tubes didn't have Rickie Lee Jones version of the standard My One and Only Love or the particular They Might Be Giants tune I was looking for. They did have a version of the Adagio that is the bonus track, but not Zoltan Tokos' version. Also, this particular part of the concierto is more than ten minutes long, so The You Tubes has to split it up.

Have a nice day, and if you hear any of these tunes while at the supermarket this weekend, don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

No, I think yours is cooler this week. My list is pathetic; it gots very lil' bump.

However, I shall be doing a Carnaval list on Monday.

Matty Boy said...

I respectfully disagree. You have Tom Waits, Madder Rose, Radiohead, Hildegard Von Bingen... much more street cred with the Indie crowd.