Sunday, February 1, 2009

So what's the worst ad on the Super Bowl?

It's a about a ten way dead heat for worst ad so far. Doritos, Bud Light, you name it, it's all about taking a shot to the testicles or a concussion or some other vicious violence so you can have a snack that costs less than two bucks and your friend can't.

I prefer it when the game is on. Less senseless violence.

Update from the end of the third quarter: A Jack in the Box ad where Jack is run over by a bus and is presumed near death takes the late lead for worst.

4 comments:

FranIAm said...

The Bud Light Lime commercial I just saw stank. The subsequent Go Daddy spot with Danica Patrick, well whatever.

Matty Boy said...

You aren't wrong, Fran. There were a few others that just stank on ice. It's interesting that Coca-Cola has decided for a few years to go with a "be nice to people" trend, knowing they will buck the amazing violence and stupid sexism trends that other ads will inevitably follow.

Understand that "stupid sexism" is being registered as a bad thing by a guy whose ideal woman is fifty feet tall and has breasts that weigh a ton, if she is modestly endowed.

ken said...

On the bright side, it was a pretty good game.

Matty Boy said...

True about the game. Also, because I made one pick in the game, which was that the total score would be over 46.5 points, it ended well for my pride, since I didn't actually put cash money on it.

I did recommend it to my sister Jenny, and so if she put any money on it, I guess I'm still invited to her daughter's wedding.