This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice at Trader Joe's

Okay, here's the story.

1. It costs $3.00
2. It's easy to prepare in the microwave.
3. It tastes like stuff you get at an Indian restaurant buffet. I don't know why they call it Butter Chicken, since it's a spicy Indian sauce chicken. I guess butter must be the base of the sauce.
4. It's 400 calories, or 9 Weight Watcher points. The box says 1.5 servings at 270 calories, but who are they kidding? You have half a friend you are going to share this with? It's a reasonable sized meal, even for a person on a low calorie diet.
5. Matty Boy likes it and will buy it again.

Any questions?

9 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I have a question. Will you buy me some too?

Padre Mickey said...

It needs some mango chutney.

CDP said...

That looks delish. There used to be an Indian stand in the mall where I shop, and I used to always get the same thing there. They served it with greens and yogurt, it was $5.50 including a Diet Coke, and it was fabulous. I miss that place.

Undersquid said...

Yeah, but what did you have for dessert?

PseudoPiskie said...

Needs some Two Buck Chuck. Maybe Shiraz.

Matty Boy said...

Don't forget the naan. I luvs me some TJ's naan.

Distributorcap said...

dont try the frozen mini chicken tacos - awfully greasy

http://www.realbasmatirice.com said...

hi. thanks for your site here is our http://www.realbasmatirice.com

Anonymous said...

Nice blog entry, stolen from:
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2009/03/trader_joes_taste_test_butter.php

Including the picture.