Friday, March 27, 2009

Random 10, 3/27


Allamana Desmond Dekker
Don't Ask Me Why Eurthymics
More Than Rain Tom Waits
Lost Ones Lauryn Hill
Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair Nina Simone
Jana Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares
It Never Was You Teresa Stratas
In Every Dream Home Joe Jackson
Turtle Dove Raphael Boguslav
A.1. On The Juke Box Dave Edmunds

Not a lot of love from the You Tubes this morning as I brought in my Random 10. That's to be expected with some of the obscure artists here, and even some not obscure people are singing songs that aren't their best known work. The surprise find was Jana, from a Eurotrash disco re-mix album of the Bulgarian Female Vocal Choir.

Hunting for the song Turtle Dove on YouTube only brought up the Ralph Vaughn Williams version. Ray Boguslav plays an older folk song of the same name.

I spotlight Tom Waits and his advice about your bad days. Don't plant your bad days, they can turn into a bad year. Choke your bad days. They're your days. Choke 'em!

4 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Choking sounds so messy. Can I just feed them overly large spoonfuls of peanut butter? ;o)

namastenancy said...

WOW! Jana certainly trashed Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares - I love that music but not with a thumping, mechanical back beat. Sounds like my trashy upstairs neighbors.

Matty Boy said...

Dr. Z: As Mr. Waits says, they're your bad days. The method of disposal is up to you.

Nancy: It's an odd album, there's no question about that.

Lisa said...

Forgive me. Whenever I think of Lauryn Hill, I'm reminded of my old addiction to As the World Turns. She was on it for a season or two.