Thursday, March 26, 2009

The silly little letters are back.


A few weeks ago, blog buddy Lisa over at That's Why stated a distaste for having to type in word verification, so I decided to turn it off over here at Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do. Late this evening, I got a comment on a post over a month old that looks like it was put in by a spam bot, and I saw two comments from another blog I have commented on that I'm sure are spam.

Three in one evening, though only one on my blog, makes me think the problem is enough to bring back the silly little letters. Sorry for the inconvenience. Unlike my blog idol Princess Sparkle Pony, I do not mind people commenting on unusual word verifications.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ah, nuts. Sorry to hear that you're being hit with spambots.

I don't know if it matters, but I think you can turn on moderation for posts older than 2 weeks.

No matter, pretty soon the word verification might not be an issue for us, beyond the minor inconvenience. Looks like we'll finally have DSL in the new place. Yay!

And wouldn't you know it - my word verification is imowne. Do I? Do I own this issue?

Thanks for trying it anyway - you're a good friend, Mattyboy!