Friday, March 6, 2009

The Unbidden Five, 3/6


The standard rules of the Random 10 are to turn on the iTunes, list the first ten songs played by the random dj, go to the You Tubes and find links to them, if possible.

Today, I'm listing, in no particular order, five songs that have gotten stuck in my head this week, even though I don't own them on iTunes. Some odd thing happened, in some cases I'm not even sure what, and my brain's random dj decided I'd like to hear a tune or just a snatch of it, over and over for a couple of hours.

You know how that is, I'm sure.

Build Me Up Buttercup The Foundations
Pulling Mussels (From the Shell) Squeeze
Superstition Stevie Wonder
Waters of March Art Garfunkel
Get Happy Judy Garland

As I said, I don't own any of these tunes, and I don't hate any of them, but they can definitely get stuck up there. The recordings of both Squeeze and Stevie are live, and the bands are very tight on some very difficult music.

If you click on a link and find yourself humming a tune for the rest of the day, don't say you weren't warned.

No comments: