Friday, June 12, 2009

Random 10, 6/12/09


My Thief Elvis Costello With Burt Bacharach
Three Little Birds Bob Marley & The Wailers
It's Bad You Know R. L. Burnside
Beware Louis Jordan
This Year's Girl Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Chains The Beatles
Big Joe and the Phantom 309 Tom Waits
Semaphore Signals Wreckless Eric
I Love Louisa Fred Astaire
Kleptomania The Wonders of Science

Seven of 10 this week. We have the girls dancing in the Cavern club because we have one song from those lovable lads from Liverpool. I often edit out two songs from the same artist, but here we get Elvis from 1978 and Elvis with Burt Bacharach twenty years later. Interesting before and after.

The only things missing are a spoken word piece by Tom Waits, a great old tune by Louis Jordan and some song by some guys from San Jose. Since I wrote and sang lead on Kleptomania, I can say that I think we did a better version of it live when we had a real drummer. I programmed the drum machine and I didn't quite understand a good reggae beat at the time.

Yay, Flags of Many Lands™! Yay, Rwanda!

It's been about ten weeks since I got a new flag, and now that the list is 163 long, it's getting harder and harder for folks from countries who have never visited to show up.

No comments: