This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Monday, August 24, 2009

New Highlight Reel™: Best show for writer/producer J.J. Abrams


Time for another Highlight Reel™! This time it's J.J. Abrams, whose most famous works are the TV shows he created, Felicity, Alias, Lost and Fringe. He's also written some movies and produced others, but I'm going to leave off the latest Star Trek movie just because I feel like it and exclude Cloverfield because I'm feeling generous and don't want to get an aneurysm bringing out the big ugly stick on that movie a second time.

If my opinion were the only one that mattered, I'd call him the poor man's Joss Whedon, but his shows are more popular than Whedon's, so technically he's the rich man's Joss Whedon. It takes all kinds to make a world.

Voting will be open until next Monday morning. One vote per customer.

3 comments:

¡Karlacita! said...

Yay for the avoided aneurism! We needs you around for more 'splainin'!

dguzman said...

I never saw Felicity or Alias, and I only saw bits of episodes from the last season of Lost and was thoroughly convinced that one had to be on drugs to enjoy (or understand) the show.

Joss Whedon's so much better. But then you knew I was going to say that....

Matty Boy said...

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, dg, but I made it through a couple seasons of Lost on DVD before throwing my hands up in disgust, which is not the same as throwing up in my hands disgustedly. I tried Fringe, but not for long.

I haven't voted yet, but I may put in a deciding vote at the end if it's still close on Sunday.