Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You could do worse.

Back when I was a regular on alt.obituaries, it was considered bad form to discuss a celebrity who was still alive. An exception was made if there were news reports of a person being gravely ill. If those reports were in the tabloids, those were called Brave Last Days Alerts.

For example, if we are to believe the front cover of The National Enquirer, Dick Clark only has a year to live.


According to his spokesman, since he only has one year, Mr. Clark has decided on the year 1960.
~

3 comments:

namastenancy said...

Dick Clark has looked the same for ..what? Thirty-Five years or more? Makes me kinda wonder what he's been eating, drinking or if, indeed, he's originally from this planet.

Matty Boy said...

You haven't seen him recently. He's looking frail now.

For staying in shape and keeping a youthful appearance, he was definitely ahead of his time. Nowadays, a lot of 40 year old actors can pass for ten years younger or so.

I also want to point out that the guy in the middle of this picture had the nickname Chubby. Completely unfair if you ask me.
(Conway Twitty is the dancer on the left.)

dguzman said...

Wow, what a great picture!

Still, I have hated Dick Clark since seeing him duck Michael Moore's questions. Even before then, however, I thought he was a jerk--it was just a feeling I had.