Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy trails, Carl!


You may have already heard through less reliable news sources that Carl Kasell, the newsreader on Morning Edition for the past thirty years, has decided to retire from that job. Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do has done the legwork, and these preliminary reports are in fact true.

Mr. Kasell is now 75 years old and has earned his rest.

Answering the next most important question, Carl is NOT retiring from his job as announcer on Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me. When that happens, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

Stay tuned for further details.

And, oh, by the way, Mr. Kasell... all us faceless listeners out in radioland love you and wish you the best.
~

3 comments:

Fran said...

I love Carl! In May of 2008 I saw "Wait Wait" live here in Smalbania and it was a thrill to see him on stage.

bobmando said...

And I'd love to win Carl's voice on my home answering machine. Wait Wait, I don't have one... Only Voice mail on my cell phone.

Padre Mickey said...

I remember one Christmas many many years ago (really, Granpa?) when Mo Rocca did a comedy routine on Morning Edition in which a song with the line "Who killed Carl Kasell?" figured prominently. I think it may have had something to do with Dallas, a terrible evening soap opera which was popular with many of the unwashed.

wv= sittedd The Rather Large person sittedd on the plastic chair so hard that it brokkedd.