Sunday, November 22, 2009

Random 10+1, 11/22/09


China Girl David Bowie
Broken Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy Glen Hansard
Your Mind Is On Vacation Mose Allison
Family Snapshot Peter Gabriel
My Freeze Ray Neil Patrick Harris
Chi Vuol La Zingarella (Paisiello) Cecilia Bartoli
Ain't Misbehavin' Fats Waller
Get On The Good Foot James Brown
Three Little Maids From School Are We Shirley Henderson, Dorothy Atkinson and Cathy Sara
Your Good Thing (Is About To End) Mable John
Special bonus track and video:
Walking the Dog Rufus Thomas

Okay, this is random! Also, it's a little weird to get Family Snapshot from Peter Gabriel on a November 22, but there you are and that's why this is the picture I included. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is still running through my head months after I first heard it, and so I'm happy NPH shows up to sing the first song. (The sub-title for my blog is a lyric from So They Say, the song that opens the third act.) And this list is all over the place. David Bowie, Mose Allison, Cecilia Bartoli, Fats Waller, James Brown and Gilbert and Sullivan. Where else do you get a Random 10 like this?

I'll tell you, hypothetical question asker. No place else.



It was a little disappointing that Mable John's version of Your Good Thing (Is About To End) wasn't up on The You Tubes, so I went for one song more and PAYDIRT! The Rufus Thomas video is so stunning, I embedded it instead of making you click on it to go The You Tubes. Nobody but Rufus Thomas could possibly wear that outfit. It's amazing!

Have a good Sunday.
~

No comments: