Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fantasy football update - first round of playoffs


This is my first year of playing fantasy football, and it has been a learning experience. In life, learning experiences are often expensive, but for the Mutant Mercenaries, this life lesson is just one victory away from being profitable.

In the first round of the playoffs, the Mercenaries scored an impressive 258.38 points, beating Rexless Bears by 44.4 points and completely dominating the teams still in contention. I didn't draft very well at the beginning of the league, but I've done a good job of using waivers and free agents. My three top performers this week, Danny Amendola, Jamaal Charles and Domenik Hixon, are all free agent pick-ups during the season. Amendola was never drafted in our league and is only useful because return yardage is counted. Charles and Hixon were drafted late and then discarded. Charles became a producer when Larry Johnson shot off his mouth and the Chiefs unloaded him, while Hixon has seen more time for the Giants due to injuries to players ahead of him on the depth chart.

The next game is against Golden Domers, the team I just barely beat a week ago to get into the playoffs. While I only won that game because I faced a team that did not field a full roster, additions I have made have made my team stronger, and I like my chances to win this game and make it to the championship game.

Wish me luck.

No comments: