Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New blog started: It's News 2 Them™


So I was by myself, thinking deep thotz, (you know, the usual) when I had a brainstorm for a new blog I'm calling It's News 2 Them™. What I am going to do is keep tabs on the tabloids, so you don't have to.

Hmm, I wonder where I might have stolen that sentence construction?

In particular, I will be keeping track of celebrities who are mere moments from death's door (Brave Last Days), months or years from death's door (Not Long 4 This World) and relationships that are on the way out (On The Rocks). I will report only what I can surmise from the headlines on the front page, because I still refuse to read these rags, as this puts me in a state of uncleanliness that requires ritual ablutions.

The basic idea is to see how much stuff they get right, how much they get wrong and how many stories they should have played up that they flat out missed.

If this sounds like fun, you will see updates of the blog in my blog reader list. Stop on by, why don'tcha? Morbid giggles and feelings of moral superiority towards your betters await!

8 comments:

Lockwood said...

Fun idea. This kind of stuff exasperates me to no end. I'll subscribe, and if it's snarky enough, I'll stick with it. Congrats on the new launch!

Zoey and Me said...

Sign me up but I'm guessing you stole that sentence structure from Sparkle Pony. Right? I would appreciate it if you would read the articles though. I think your sense of humor would overcome your state of uncleanliness. Good luck!

Matty Boy said...

Lockwood: I have few skills in which I have complete confidence, and snark is certainly one of them.

Z&M: It's all about the headlines, baby. If I read the inside, I might find that they have minor league Brave Last Days and On The Rocks, and then I'd start getting too many categories. I'll stick with the Big Blaring Predictions and keep track of them.

Padre Mickey said...

I don't know, ever since Weekly World News stopped publishing and went on-line, I've lost interest in the tabloids. Well, since you'll be keeping tabs I guess I'll let you do the heavy lifting.

I still have that huge file on Eschatological articles from tabloids.

Fran said...

Huge file of Eschatological articles... Oh that Padre!

Matty, I can't wait to see where you go with this one!

Matty Boy said...

Padre: You get no argument from me, Weekly World News was in a league of its own. My interest is much more mundane than the End Times.

Fran: My idea is fairly straightforward. The tabloids got a lot of credit for writing that Michael Jackson had six months to live last year. I want to show how often they make such claims, how many they get right, how many they get wrong and how many they flat out miss, stuff like the Tim Robbins-Susan Sarandon breakup or the death of Brittany Murphy that happen without any early warnings in the tabs.

And, not surprisingly, there will be mockery involved.

Distributorcap said...

what a neat idea.......

Matty Boy said...

D-Cap: Glad you like it. If you have room on your blog buddy list, a link would be appreciated.