Friday, December 25, 2009

Random 10, 12/25/09


I don't have that many holiday tunes on my list, but I put them all together in one place then shuffled them, and here's the order. If I can't find a link, I'll put a few lyrics in.

Another Lonely Christmas Prince

Last night, I spent another lonely Christmas without you,
Darling, darling, you should have been there
Because you are the one I dream about,
You are the one that makes my heart shout, you see,
You are the only one I care for.

I Saw Three Ships A Sailing
The Chieftains (with Marianne Faithful)

I saw three ships a sailing in
On Christmas Day, on Christmas Day.
I saw three ships a sailing in
On Christmas Day in the morning.


Fairytale of New York The Pogues, with Kirsty McColl

The Hallelujah Chorus The Roches

Linus & Lucy Vince Guaraldi Trio

Jesus Gonna Be Here
The Blind Boys Of Alabama

I said Jesus gonna be here
He's gonna be here soon
He's gonna cover us up with leaves
And a blanket from the moon
With a promise and a vow
And a lullaby for my brow,
I said Jesus gonna be here
He's gonna be here soon.

(I'm Spending) Hanukkah In Santa Monica Tom Lehrer

Please Come Home For Christmas Charles Brown

The Wexford Carol The Chieftains (with Nanci Griffith)

Near Bethlehem did shepherds keep
Their flocks of lamb and feeding sheep.
To whom God's angels did appear,
Which put the shepherds in great fear.
"Arise and go," the angels said,
"To Bethlehem. Be not afraid.
For there you'll find this happy morn
A Princely babe, sweet Jesus born."

Brick Ben Folds Five

Bonus track: Kung Fu Christmas National Lampoon Radio Dinner, featuring Christopher Guest and Gilda Radner

Best wishes to you and yours this day.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Happy Kung Fu Christmas!

Mauigirl said...

Merry Christmas, hope you had a great day - and have a happy 2010 too!

Nice selection of tunes!