Saturday, December 12, 2009

The return of Peteykins.


My blog buddy list lost a blog and added another yesterday. I finally got around to getting rid of the late lamented Princess Sparkle Pony blog off my list, but not until there was a final update of a happy nature.

Peter Huestis, the sole author of PSP, has come back with a new blog entitled Peteykin's Junk Drawer. Instead of subversively mocking politicians by praising their hair, clothing and make-up, Mr. Huestis, now to be referred to by yet another nom-de-plume Peteykins, is making a blog about stuff he likes, which includes this old wire hanger from Sparkle Cleaners.

Yay, Peteykins!

It may not be obvious to the reader, but I've been trying to write more about stuff I like than the stuff that irritates me over the past few months. Not having a TV has made a big difference in my life. While I still follow the news, watching it on TV with all the commentators is nothing but an exercise in irritation, either at the actual story that's being covered or at the commentators themselves. I had eight years of being disgusted by the actions of my government on pretty close to a daily basis, and it was exhausting.

This is not to say I won't comment on news that upsets me or irritates me in the future, but I'm going to try to make that the garnish and not the main course. Clearly, there are people all over the political spectrum who love living on outrage, but that diet wasn't working for me, and I'm doing what I can to cut back. I'm glad to have other blog buddies who write about what they care about, usually though not always in a positive fashion, and I'm glad to have Peteykins back doing the same.

6 comments:

Fran said...

It was the most sparkly good news I had heard in a long, long time!

Peteykins said...

now to be referred to by yet another nom-de-plume Peteykins

Actually, that nom-de-plume is way older than PSP. I've been known as Peteykins to people since the mid-1990s, and I've used the name online since 2003. Using the name "Princess Sparkle Pony" was merely a brief diversion.

But thanks for the nice words!

Matty Boy said...

Thanks for stopping by! I wouldn't be a blogger today if I hadn't first been a reader and and commenter on PSP. My blog is nothing like PSP or your new work, but it's kind of like all the people who decided to start a band after seeing a Sex Pistols show.

I look forward to your new posts.

dguzman said...

Wow, talk about star power! I like the new site. I am sure I can dig around my mom's closet and find at least one of these old hangers....

Padre Mickey said...

I am very happy to see Peteykins back in action.



wv= inglan Inglan swing like a pendulum do, Bobbies on a bicycle etc, etc, etc. . .

Matty Boy said...

Yes, we are all happy about the return. I assume his restrictions on word verifications still apply, a rule I have never enforced on my blog.