This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fanboys.


Sarah Palin was on Glenn Beck's show for a full hour this week. The clip that got dissected the most was when he asked her for her favorite Founding Father and she answered "All of them." This reminded many of her answer to Katie Couric about what newspapers she read, but only because the answer was exactly the same.

"All of them."

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Crazy Like a Contributor
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


Jon Stewart on The Daily Show went after another clip, the start of the show when Beck read his journal entry from the night before to a visibly uncomfortable Palin.

"Tomorrow I meet Sarah Palin and family for the first time. I'm actually a little nervous, as she is one of the only people I can see that can possibly lead us out of where we are. I don't know yet if she's strong enough, if she's well enough advised, or if she knows she can no longer trust anyone. I don't if she can lead and not lose her soul."

The joke Stewart went with was that Palin was in danger from this weirdo, like Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter in Silence Of The Lambs.



For me, Beck seemed more like a pathetic fanboy embarrassing himself on camera, not unlike the character Chris Farley used to play on the SNL skits called The Chris Farley Show, with him awkwardly interviewing celebrities.



Actually, since Beck isn't quite as incompetent as Farley's character, maybe it's more like folks at nerd conventions trying to entertain their heroes. Felicia Day is being a good sport about it, but I have to wonder what it's like for celebrities to go to these things and how they feel at the end of the day when they have time to come up for air. I got a small taste of this when I went to the Classic Gaming Expo a few years back, but people who star in science fiction shows get it a lot, and it must be exhausting.





4 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

I'm so glad Fox News provided Beck with a chair that hid the huge boner he has for Palin and those dominatrix boots she got at Payless.
Honestly, it was like a chimpanzee interviewing a hyena.

Anne said...

I thought this blog was lotsasplainin, not lotsapalin.

Anyways, your new blog? What??? Where?

Matty Boy said...

I agree. Too much Sarah. I try to write about her as little as possible, but the mood struck a couple times this week.

The new blog is on my blog buddy list and can be found at

http://itsnews2them.blogspot.com/

dguzman said...

Wow.

Is it just me, or is Beck dying his hair flaming orange-blond?