This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Random 10, 1/15/10


Fly On A Plane Christine Lavin
Got My Mind Set On You George Harrison
James K. Polk They Might Be Giants
Clowntime Is Over Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Careless Love Ray Charles
Goin' Out West Tom Waits
Hey Ya Outkast
Success Iggy Pop with David Bowie
Man Of Steel Frank Black
Waltz in E minor (Chopin, post.) Claudio Arrau

A nice selection this week, definitely random. I chose this picture to go with the set of songs because my favorite lyric in the bunch is from the Tom Waits tune.

I'm goin' out west where the wind blows tall,
'Cause Tony Franciosa used to date my ma.

The second best lyric in these songs also involves celebrities from a different era, evoked by Andre 3000.

Now all you Beyonces and Lucy Lius in baby dolls
Get out on the floor
You know what to do.


If we are looking for exact matches, there are only five of ten on The You Tubes this week, which is one of the worst showings in some time. While you cannot click on a link and listen to the great Claudio Arrau, I did want to put up a copy of the album cover, with Claudio looking so elegant in his white tie and matching handkerchief, holding a pocket watch.

'Cause he's cool like dat.

No comments: