This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Random 10+1, 1/22/10 with added Indira Varma goodness


The Gold Digger's Song Fred Astaire
A Perfect Lie Jerry Harrison
Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland) The Jimi Hendrix Experience
I Can't Give You Anything But Love Fats Waller
There's A Place The Beatles
Strange Angels Laurie Anderson
Who Does Lisa Like? Rachel Sweet
A Wand'ring Minstrel I Kevin McKidd
For Your Eyes Only Sheena Easton
Let's Go Get Stoned Ray Charles
Bonus track:
Jimmy Jazz The Clash

A lot of good tunes from well known artists on the list today, but very little love from The You Tubes. I was thinking of making Who Does Lisa Like? the featured song of the day, but it isn't on YouTube, though a lot of other Rachel Sweet songs are. Then came the song from The Mikado sung by Nanki-Poo, so I looked up the movie Topsy Turvy on imdb.com to find the role was played by Kevin McKidd! I have some trivia skillz, and usually I'm really good at the "Haven't I seen this guy before?" game, but when I saw him in Rome starring opposite the delicious Indira Varma, it never crossed my mind he was the romantic tenor in Topsy-Turvy, a movie I loved.

I added Jimmy Jazz to the list because it's The Clash (duh!) and I like to end with a song people can find on The You Tubes.



And since I mentioned the delicious Indira Varma, I will also include a picture of her deliciousness, just to make sure I keep up with the terms set out by the Internet Stalkers Guild.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

Tengo los Beatles, también.

wv= temeria Sounds like something Sarah Palin would say: A message was sent to that fella in D.C. and he has the temeria to ignore it at his own perilia.

namastenancy said...

McKidd and Varma - I have now passed out from bliss.