This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sorry, technical difficulties. Please cry again later.


My computer is still in the shop, and there it will remain. They tell me they can't fix it but they can get the data onto a CD. The problem is, they have lied to me before. I'll believe it when I see it.

I won't update this blog until the new computer is in place, unless there's something that can't wait. I will keep updating It's News 2 Them™, because it's easier.

I think I'm about to become a Mac user again. The last one I bought was 25 years ago, and I hear they've made some improvements.

6 comments:

susan s. said...

I am not a computer expert, but I do love my IMac. If I were getting it again, I would get the one with the bigger screen, as I love to watch movies and videos. That is all I can say, except the mouse is notoriously bad at losing balling capacity.

Padre Mickey said...

Them macs is a little bigger than the one you had, Matty Boy.

Matty Boy said...

I'm thinking about a MacMini, so the box isn't that much bigger, though it will be hooked up to a very large monitor. And a color monitor to boot!

Wow, this whole living in the future stuff is pretty amazing.

Zoey and Me said...

Yup. I heard they have made some improvements. Give it your best shot.

BobManDo said...

Hi Matty, I recommend getting a shell Like the Startech.com Infosafe UNI3510U2 IDE/SATA Hard drive Enclosure. ($40 to yur door) I have one and took the hard drive out of a PC not booting... Installed in this case and connected up the USB cable and Got access to all my programs and data. It's nice that it has connectors for the Old IDE HDs as well as the new SATA drives. I've gotta think that you have more than a CD's worth of stuff you want. I've got a foot in 2 worlds PC on the desk and a great MacBook Pro thats been running great for almost 3 years.

Padre Mickey said...

Macmini is great; that's what we use here en la rectoría. And the new ones gots lottsa stuff in dem.