This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One more candle on the cake for the Gosh Darned Pater Familias!


Best wishes on the anniversary of his birth to Donald Lee Hubbard, the best dad a fellow could ever ask for.

Technically, of course, I didn't ask for him. I just showed up one day and there he was. That was a lucky break, don't you think?

While his number of years is not a prime number, it does have only one prime factor. Given that I have said I am in my mid-fifties and my father is not a character from Genesis, I think the bright math students will be able to figure out his exact age from these clues.

Happy birthday, papa! I'll see you this weekend.

6 comments:

Karlacita! said...

Oh how cool! He's nine squared the same year I'm seven squared. Yeeha!!

Zoey and Me said...

80? 81? Happy, Happy Birthday Mr Hubbard!

CDP said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Hubbard!

susan s. said...

Belated Felicitations, Mr. Hubbard. And what a lovely family!

Abu Scooter said...

A happy belated birthday to your dad, Matty!

Distributorcap said...

happy birthday to dad!

i love the pic...

and is the prime factor a 2?