This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Monday, September 27, 2010

This is how the Internets work.

The Internets work like this. Some big shot like Paul Krugman finds something cute on a well-attended website like Kung Fu Monkey.

Someone e-mails it to me and I decide to quote it as well on my nowhere near as popular website. This is known as "going viral".

And now that I have 'splained the process, here is the quote.



-- There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

I love this joke structure, even though I've seen it a jillion times.


2 comments:

susan s. said...

Dat's not a joke! Dat's da trute!!

Distributorcap said...

ayn rand looks like an Ent