Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Every freaking season!


I'm playing fantasy football again this season. I don't expect to set the world on fire, but it's an enjoyable pastime and a chance to insult several male relatives.

You know, bonding and stuff.

With my very last pick in the draft, I went on a flyer that someone would sign Terrell Owens, but Yahoo! says he is no longer to be saluted, so I went to pick up another wide receiver to replace his useless ass.

Instead of being clever, I chose "wide receivers" and clicked on "sort by fantasy points 2010" The best free agent at this position using our league's scoring system was... Danny Amendola.



I had Danny Amendola my first season, picked up as a free agent.

I had Danny Amendola my second season, picked up as a free agent.

As Al Pacino says in the only quotable line from that piece of crap Godfather III: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

In correspondence to me, he must be referred to as Danny Fucking Amendola.

Thank you for your kind attention.

3 comments:

Abu Scooter said...

Danny Fucking Amendola fucking rocks! He saved my season two years ago, and got me to the championship last year.

If your league scores return yardage, start him, maybe even as your #2 wideout. He's nearly as good a return man as Devin Hester, and a better straight-up receiver, to boot.

dguzman said...

And did you take any Cowboys receivers? Huh? Did you?

DID YOU!????!!!!

Matty Boy said...

Abu: Fuckin' A.

Which is short for Fucking Amendola.

dguz: Number of Cowboys: 0
Number of Raiders: 0
Number of 49ers: 0

The reason is... I'd like to win some games.