This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

An impressive number.

Perhaps you glance at my blog buddy list from time to time.  I certainly hope you do, because it changes every time someone posts a new update.  You may have noticed that Cat In The Bag is near the top of the list most of the time. Well, there's a reason for this.  Victor (a.k.a Zoey & Me) has now published his 10,000th post.  To give you an example of how much determination that is, this blog has had just barely 2,000 in five years plus, and the gossip blog got killed when it got to 3,000 posts in slighlty less than two years.

Color me impressed.

I also have a little fun tidbit.  Why is a cat in a bag, other than cats love enclosed spaces?  Reading Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey and Maturin books (you already know I love them, yes?), the phrase comes not from a real cat but the cat o' nine tails, the whip used in Royal Navy floggings.  When the cat was in the bag, that meant the punishment was over, or if the cat stayed in the bag, that meant there would be no flogging.

As my dear father would say, you learn something new every day, if you're not careful.


No comments: