This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Sunday numbers 2012, 5b:
The Senate races

There are a lot of Senate races for which there is no data yet but with the ones we know, the Democrats look like they would keep at least 50 seats if the election were held today and have a 97.5% of getting 51 seats, which would mean independent Angus King of Maine - who right now looks like a shoo-in - could not be the swing vote if this stay this way.

I'm still using Excel in these prognostications, but in my spare time this week I'll write a separate C program for the Senate numbers, not unlike what I did for the electoral college count this weekend.  Thanks again to Art Velasquez for making the suggestion that let me cross the last hurdle in programming, a simple solution I should have considered but I've been away from coding for so long that it didn't occur to me.  Way to go, buddy!


No comments: