This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013:
The Future Begins


Hello, readers! I haven't been doing a lot of blogging recently, which is an ailment that is definitely going around among my many blog buddies. I will still post here from time to time, but I have two new daily blogs that might be of interest to some of you.

This Day In Science Fiction: This new blog is about the science fiction and fantasy genres, which in my lifetime have gone from ghettoized sections of literature and film to major parts of modern pop culture. I'll be listing the birthdays of artists - writers, composers, directors, actors - and the release dates of sci-fi and fantasy films, but the main feature will be the daily predictions that have already passed or will pass in the next ten years or so. Batting lead-off is Robert E. Heinlein, who did a lot of predicting about the late 20th Century and the early 21st, including today's look into his crystal ball about what life would be like in... 1955!

Math Year 2013: This blog will have daily math tidbits, most of them accessible to people whose math education stopped in high school. Stop by and try it. You might like it. Today we answer the questions Is 2013 prime? and Okay, why not?

Both of the blogs are on my blog buddy list, so if you stop by here you will also get a link to the new fresh posts.

Hope to see y'all over at my new daily ventures. I will still post here at Lotsa 'Splainin' 2 Do when I feel the urge to 'splain that isn't related to math or... THE FUTURE!

No comments: