This blog is still alive, just in semi-hibernation.
When I want to write something longer than a tweet about something other than math or sci-fi, here is where I'll write it.

Friday, February 1, 2013

The new blogs.


Sorry I'm not blogging much here anymore. I'm leaving this blog open as a historical resource and I'll write occasionally about topics that don't quite fit on the two new blogs. Today, I'm flogging the new blogs, both of which have new material my regular readers might enjoy.

Today, This Day in Science Fiction has yet another example of a French postcard from 1900 (no, not that kind) showing people in the year 2000 acting like dicks.

Not to give too much away, but I was given a great tip for a post that I'll be writing on Sunday, the definitive Ground Zero for generations of nuclear war anxiety, a little history I was completely unaware of until this week.

I'll keep you posted.


Then there's the math blog. For the past few months, I've been working on a project to see if I could make heads or tails out of climate data. I have my system in at least a beta version and I started the intro to the explanation yesterday.  I'll be posting links here to the entire series, which should last several weeks.

So watch this space, as the old ad slogan goes. There will be at least a post a day for a while, most of them teasers with links to the new blogs, not unlike this post.


No comments: