Saturday, December 10, 2016

Okay, so this isn't at all ominous.

I haven't been posting much for the past few years, but Blogger stats tell me I have over a thousand visits a day. I should find that heartening, right? My little blog has an audience.

Well, looking at the stats of yesterday's blog traffic, there were 1,166 visits from Russia and 54 visits from the United States. The stats I would get back in this blog's heyday were nothing like this, when I got well over 90% of my viewers from the U.S.

So the takeaway from these numbers is not so much "I'm a writer with a large and loyal audience" as much as "the Internet is up to its eyebrows in Russian bots."

To make matters worse, the browser of choice is Internet Explorer with 1,165 visits.

Russians use Internet Explorer, more proof that they are a backward fucking country.

We'll see if this little insult is enough for the Russian robots to grow feelings that can be hurt.

2 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

I did a quick check of all my Blogger blogs under both gmail accounts. The vast majority of hits on all of them are Russian bots.

dguzman said...

Interesting.