Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Mary Tyler Moore 1936-2017


I find myself unable to be clever talking about Mary Tyler Moore. I loved her and that was that. We shared a birthday, so she was 19 when I was born, and even before I knew that I always thought she was a wonder. She could sing, she could dance, she was a brilliant comedian, and she was a low flying angel. That's quite the combination.

A lot of people are remembering comedy scenes, most notably the funeral of Chuckles the Clown, but the scene that I remember today is Dick Van Dyke and Miss Moore singing Mountain Greenery.



Best wishes to the family and friends of Mary Tyler Moore, from a brokenhearted fan. May she never be forgotten. 

2 comments:

Abu Scooter said...

1) Intellectually, it makes sense that MTM was 80 -- she was almost Dick Van Dyke's contemporary! -- but it was still a surprise to learn today that she'd reached that age.

2) Don't forget that she was also one of the most important TV producers of the '70s and '80s. The MTM Productions logo, with the housecat replacing the MGM lion, is itself iconic.

I'll miss her, too.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I knew you'd like the logo. ;^)